On today’s episode, we discuss Disney World park hours decreasing, Epcot’s main entrance fountain is starting to shape up nicely and our review of staying at The Boardwalk last weekend.
- Disney World Theme Park Hours will be Decreased Beginning September 8th
- This change comes after the 3rd quarter earnings report last week, showing that the demand for Disney vacations in not as high as previously thought
- Magic Kingdom – 9am-6pm
- EPCOT – 11am-7pm
- Hollywood Studios – 10am-7pm
- Animal Kingdom – 9am-5pm
- EPCOT After 4 Passes can enter park at 2pm due to these shortened hours
- EPCOTs main entrance pylons installed
- Zach Ridley from Walt Disney Imagineering said, “I’m excited to share a first look at the pylons we installed last night as we continue to reimagine the EPCOT main entrance fountain, which has anchored this area since the park opened in 1982. Our design team took special interest in looking back to the original geometry for inspiration and infusing new features with a little bit of added magic to bridge the past, present and future of EPCOT . These majestic pylons also draw your eye upward toward the sky and perfectly frame views of the iconic Spaceship Earth attraction. I can’t wait to reveal the completed look for this fountain later this year!”
- Halloween Merchandise is starting to be released on shopDisney and the parks. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/08/spooktacular-new-disney-parks-halloween-themed-merchandise-coming-to-disney-parks-and-shopdisney/
- Equity actors are coming back to work at Disney World
- Kate Shindle, President of the Actor’s Equity Association, said, “We have been consistent that testing is an important part of ensuring a safe workplace for Equity performers, and today, I’m pleased to see that Disney World has agreed. With the news that Disney will make testing available for Equity performers and others in the park, I’m happy to announce that Equity’s executive committee has signed a memorandum of understanding with Disney for Equity performers to return.”
- Disney had announced earlier that they are setting a Covid testing site for free at the Maingate Office
- Disney made an official statement
- “We have offered the location to help with community testing. The Florida Division of Emergency Management will operate the location which is available to Cast Members and their immediate families as well as Florida residents. Any suggestion that this has been done as a result of any one union is unfounded. Our actions support all cast and our community at large.”
Subscribe To The Show & Leave Us A Review
Follow Us on Social Media
Visit Us Online
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
- Capturethemagicpodcast.com – find the latest episodes!
- Capture The Magic Apparel – you can find a great Disney-inspired t-shirt collection!
- Join Club 32! Our private group with access to exclusive livestreams, podcasts, and MORE! Visit ctmvip.com
- Trip Tales Guests! – visit ctmtriptales.com!
- Zip A Dee Doo Dah Travel – visit travelwithzip.com to see how they can help you have the vacation of a lifetime!
- Expedition Roasters – visit expeditionroasters.com and use the promo code “CTM15” to save 15% off any order!
- Kingdom Strollers – visit kingdomstrollers.com to save up to 50% off theme park stroller rental prices